Heavy Loads Transport Services in Zimbabwe
An abnormal load can be described as a load that exceeds the standards or weight limits set out by the Department of Transport. An abnormal load vehicle usually makes use of a multi-axle lowbed on which the loads are transported. Different types of lowbed trailers are used to transport different loads.
Contact Us For Heavy Loads Transport Services
Examples of Heavy Loads Transport services include:
- Construction equipment
- Pre-built or E-Homes
- Mining equipment
- Industrial equipment
- Military equipment
- Railway equipment
The legal dimensions and weights of vehicles on the road vary between countries and regions and vehicles that exceed the legal limitations usually requires a special permit. A permit specifies the exact route the abnormal load transport vehicle needs to take and includes clearance warnings. Permits are issued by a Provincial Road Authority that authorizes abnormal load transportation.
Abnormal load transport vehicles also need to take certain safety precautions and need to adhere to certain measures when transporting a load.
Warning devices used when Heavy Loads Transport :
- Red flags (600mm x 600mm) that indicates the edge or farthest point of the lowbed trailer
- Abnormal Vehicle Warning Boards in the front and rear of the abnormal vehicle
- Escort Vehicle Warning Board that is fitted to the roof
- Amber flashing light on the top of the cab (mobile cranes need one at the front overhang and two at the rear)
- Marker lamps and reflectors to demarcate the edges
- Speed restriction board (400mm in diameter). This needs to be fitted at the rear of the abnormal vehicle, above the warning board, should the vehicle be required to drive 60km/h or less
Pilot Car Operators may:
- Perform a Survey on the route they need to take before the abnormal load is moved
- Act as a Flagger by curbing the Pilot Car
- Bring the abnormal load to a stop for any reason
- Use the Pilot Car in order to block traffic from passing the abnormal load
CTS East is one of South Africa's largest transporters of abnormal loads and we've been doing it for over 2 decades. We transport loads throughout South Africa, as well as other neighbouring countries, such as Botswana, Swaziland, Lesotho, Namibia, Zimbabwe, and Mozambique.
We service a wide range of industries, such as:
- Plant Hire
- Energy Utility
- Crane Hire
- Crushing & Screening
Just to name a few…
For these industries, we have moved loads, such as:
- Beams & Girders
- Drill Rigs
- Farming Equipment
- Forklift & Reach Stackers
- Military Equipment
- Mining Equipment
- Wind Farm Equipment
We have a large fleet of lowbed trailers in various configurations in order for us to transport various types of loads, ranging in different weights. We also have a fully equipped workshop where we undertake servicing and maintenance of our fleet.
So if you need Heavy Loads Transport services, contact the industry specialists, CTS East!